Many of the goods we sell have a strong Islay influence.
The Celtic House’s story begins in 1959 when the Roy family established a purpose built shop based in Bowmore, Islay. It is built on the site of a ruin and required the removal of the original village telephone box!
What began initially as a shop that provided quality clothes and shoes at a time when people did not travel as frequently, expanded and evolved over the years increasingly stocking original items inspired by Islay and the wider west coast Scottish heritage.
Today, the Celtic House is know throughout Scotland and beyond as a long established island business specialising in fine island Celtic and Scottish gifts, knitwear, jewellery, books, maps, many other items and original commissions.